With Instagram’s new updates, our social media strategies need to change. It is crucial to stay up to date on the features and algorithms to grow our following and reach.
- Post on your feed at least once per day: This one sounds simple, but most people don’t post everyday because they are scared that it’s too much. Newsflash: it’s not! Your page exists so you can share about your company/product. The people who follow you want to see what you have to say.
- Use Hashtags: Another obvious one, but something people don’t do the right way. Instead of just choosing random hashtags that have to do with your post, do some research on what the people you want to attract are liking/following. Use those hashtags next time you post. I guarantee you will gain more quality followers.
- Share at least 3 stories per day: Try to make them interactive. Use the question or poll feature to engage your following. Use hashtags on your stories, too!
- Post Reels: Instagram is now prioritizing video content over static images. For your account to be discoverable by more people, post at least one reel per week. Two to three if you are feeling ambitious.
- Be Authentic: This one may be the most important. Followers can tell when you are faking and not being true to yourself or your brand. Pick a mission and stick to it. Continue to post about it and the followers will come!